Reason Prince Harry 'not upset' after new Spare reaches humiliating 73rd in charts | Royal | News




Prince Harry is said not to be "upset" over the latest flop in his book's paperback edition release, according to a royal expert.

The Duke of Sussex released his memoir, Spare, in January 2023. The book became an international bestseller, selling 1.4 million copies just on its first day in the UK, US, and Canada, according to its publisher, Penguin Random House.

However, its paperback edition, released on October 24 this year, was not as successful after selling just 1,809 copies in the UK in its first week of publication and another 3,391 the week after, according to the Bookseller.

The new edition features no new material, and Harry has not promoted it through interviews.

Now a royal expert has claimed that the duke is not "particularly upset" over the failing success of his paperback book because he has "moved on" from his ongoing feud with the Royal Family.

Jennie Bond told OK!: "I don’t think he will be particularly upset about this. He made an awful lot of money from the original contract and, whatever he says, he is already a very wealthy man."

The expert claimed that Harry's decision to release a memoir had more to do with the fact the duke wanted to tell his story, rather than boost his income.

She explained: "I don’t think his decision to write Spare was ever a predominantly financial decision.

"I think he really wanted the world to know how he felt about his life, his family and the way he felt the Palace treated him."

Harry has been estranged from the Firm since 2020, when he stepped down as a senior working royal and moved to the US.

Since then, his relationship with the royals has deteriorated even more after a series of bombshell claims he made against them in interviews, his Netflix show with wife Meghan Markle, and most notably, Spare.

Ms Bond added that Harry's "conscious decision" to not add any new material in the paperback edition could forge a new path in his relationship with the royals.

She said: "I think he has made a conscious decision to move on from all the bitterness and had no interest in dredging up more stories for the paperback.

"That has to be a good decision for everyone involved."



Source link

Posted: 2024-11-22 04:36:32

Bread stays fresh for longer without going hard or stale if wrapped in 1 kitchen item
 



... Read More

Fortnite down - Update 31.41 server downtime schedule for maintenance | Gaming | Entertainment
 



... Read More

Perfect Christmas gifts and stocking fillers for under £30
 



... Read More

Chef shares how to boost the flavour of your gravy with 1 unusual ingredient
 



... Read More

McDonald's festive menu in full including brand new burger and pie
 



... Read More

South Korea's president apologizes to nation for declaring martial law
 



... Read More

Boots issues urgent warning to shoppers over popular Christmas gift
 



... Read More

Olympic cross-country ski champion Beckie Scott named CEO of Nordiq Canada
 



... Read More